Saturday 11 February 2017

La La Land REVIEW

Hey. I've went to see 'La La Land' the a little while ago, and I thought I'd do a little review.

A lot of people have been going 'la-la' over it (sorry). They either hate it or love it, which is expected because it's a musical. Song filled movies are either your thing or they're not.
I, myself, am a MASSIVE musical fan! I've seen most musical movies ever made (yeah, even the bad ones). I have even written a few musicals myself. So, yeah, La La Land was judged harshly by me. 
Here's the review!:

Name: La La Land
Main Cast: Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling
Age Rating: 12
Star Rating I give: 4 & 1/2.

Thoughts: To be honest, I picked this film to bits when I watched it, but that's just because I'm a musical-maniac. I thought that it needed MORE songs, unlike what a lot of other people are saying. Seriously, I expecting a big soundtrack to put on my MP3, but alas, it is only a small one compared to other musicals (I do have it on my MP3 anyway). The songs it did have were very good, though.
My comic-artist side also nit-picked. I thought there needed to be more camera angles and changes, instead of staying in one place all the time and making me feel tired. Long-time-the-same camera angles were in old films which I love, but I don't think it should be in new films like this. 
Speaking of cameras and such, I actually felt it was like a Shoujo (or Shojo) manga! If you don't know what that is, look it up (it's basically manga for girls, and quite often have BIG eyes). Emma Stone has huge eyes (I say that in a nice way, cos I like big eyes), so she was like a shoujo heroine. There was a load of shots of their faces which seemed to go on foreveer, showing their emotions in detail, much like shoujo manga.

Anyway, that's my quick review. I did really like the film, regardless of my picking. I'm sure that, if you like this sort of film, you will LOVE La La Land. Go and see it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment